Table of Contents
The Meaning of Project Management
- My PM Vision & Values: 20 Practices & Attitudes That Might Help You Become a Better Project Manager
- Five Actions That Will Help You Sell That Complicated Project
- Step Away from the Computer and Get Out Your Post-It Notes!
- Keeping Things Moving: A “To Do” List to Help You Execute, Control, and Close Out Your Project
- 14 Key Principles for PM Success
- Project Life Cycles versus Key PM Processes
- Beyond Words: The Power of "Making It Real" to Inspire and Focus Effort
- Formal, Written Sign Off: A Simple and Powerful PM Tool
- Rework will happen! So don't be ambushed. Build it in.
- Project "Post Mortem" Review Questions
- Ten Guaranteed Ways to Screw Up Any Project
- Summary: 10 Steps to Project Success
Working with Your Team and Maintaining Your Sanity
- Ready, Fire, Aim? Or Seek First to Understand?
- Balancing Authority and Responsibility: It's All About Trust!
- Are You Causing Suffering for Your Project Team?
- Nurturing Corn Stalks Among the Soybeans
- Managing People with Self-Induced ADHD (er... Chronic Multitaskers)
- Reflections on Sochi, the “Second Screen” and Half-Baked Decisions
- Forgive Them. It's Just Their Inner Chihuahua.
- Why it’s Pointless to Argue about Politics or Religion
- Three Broad Strategies to Reward and Motivate Volunteers on Your Project Team
- One Simple Thing to Improve Projects or PM (An Anthology)
- How to Survive Family Projects: 5 PM Best Practices
- 10 Podcasts to Inspire Your Family "Team"
Peace of Mind
- Why You Should Trust Your Judgment (Your "Inner Wisdom Filter")
- 10 Specific Actions That Can Help You Become Happier
- Meditation Fact Sheet: Scientifically Proven Benefits and a Who's Who of Famous Meditators
- How Mindfulness Meditation Helps Me Laugh at Mental Soap Bubbles
- Leveraging Inspiration: 10 Simple Practices to Keep Your Creative Output Flowing
- So what's your story? And how's it working for you?
- A lesson from the humble pelican: find your unique mission, then soar!
- Curate Your Own News: Why You Should and How You Can
- Are you clinging to your mummified past?
- Palm trees and pear blossoms or 10 feet of dog pooh? It's a choice!
- Hurricane Sandy: Shining a Light on Surrender, Acceptance and Focused Action
- Everything you own, owns you back! (So acquire with care!)
PM Leadership and Vision
- What's project portfolio management (PPM) and why should project managers care about it?
- Go too many projects? Prioritize them!
- Be a role model of PM Minimalism: Manage your projects with a 1-page checklist!
- "Cut the Fat" Audit Part 1: The Sources of PM Bloat
- "Cut the Fat" Audit Part 2: A PM Weight Loss Strategy
- The Project Management Change Agent: How to Lead Your PM Revolution
- The PM Minimalist Integration Guide: Adopting Project Management Minimalism in Your Organization
Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired
- The Accidental Project Manager
- Project Management is a broad human practice, not merely a profession.
- How to Get Your First Job in Project Management (PM)
- How to Teach Yourself About Project Management without Spending Any Money on Training or Consultants
- Beyond PM Certification: Achieving PM Performance Improvement
- Seven Benefits of Local PM Certification
- How to Create a Locally-Relevant Set of PM Job Tasks and Competencies Based on Job Level
- Advanced Project Management Training: Focus on Local Complexity, not PM Esoterica.